Thursday, March 20, 2008

Back from the East Coast

Hello all,
I have returned from my trip to New York and Washington, DC. And a very successful trip it was. The Explorers Club Annual Dinner was a great success and I had fun catching up with my fellow explorers. I met some interesting new ones as well. I don't always get the chance to get back there for the ECAD but I always have a great time when I do.
After my time in NY, I travelled on down to Washington to meet with people at National Geographic and the National Science Foundation. I am still trying to put a trip together to return to the South Pole after 50 years. I had many interesting conversations about Polar topics and met so many wonderful people at both organizations. I regret not having the time to stay longer.
Anyway, now I am back and along with continuing to pursue my return to the Pole, I will be shooting for a follow-up to my "Conversations Across Time" show at Dominican University in Marin.